9.20.2009

Small Events.

This morning was Small Event at NSU - the annual Fall volunteer day for campus organizations. Chi Alpha's team joined forces with the Alpha Omicron Pi sorority and planted flowers in front of the University Center, then laid mulch.  My hands haven't been that dirty in quite awhile.

I've been at work at the cafe since 3:30 p.m.  When I came in, the crew from Invisible Children (www.invisiblechildren.org) were here.  It was nice to see them again and hopefully we'll all get to hang out tonight after I leave The Rock.  We had our second Invisible Children event last night.  It was a bit smaller than last Spring's affair, but still really good.  Great organization.  They have cool bracelets from Uganda, too.  You should check it out.

I'm one week strong, no coffee.  Still working on the getting up early to read thing however...

In addition, I've been teaching myself how to shuffle cards because I've been unable to shuffle one time in almost two weeks of playing kemps! I've almost got the bridge down.  I broke in a completely new deck of cards.  Look out world.

* * * * *

the list:
- Invisible Children
- Children, in general
- Your comfort when we are grieving
- Your love, when we feel loveless
- that You so often use the foolish things of this world to prove Your point
- poetry
- my momma
- discipline
- quiet times
- going home tomorrow

 Until...

No comments:

Post a Comment