9.16.2009

Coffee Fast...

...by that, I mean fast coffee. Generally I wouldn't throw this out there, but since I currently have one regular... (that's a shout-out to you Brady Bear!)...I figured it would be okay.

This is going to be hard.  I love that liquid pick-me-up and I've enjoyed having it back in my life after the post-Starbucks-in-Tahlequah depression of late 2008 - summer 2009.  I was happily caffeinated while roaming the streets of Tokyo, where coffee is available in almost every form possible, everywhere.  Starbucks and I reunited.  I discovered Tulley's.  I had coffee with dinner, from a vending machine, fresh in the morning...you get the point...

Returning to the U.S., I looked forward to potentially working at the newest coffee dive in Tahlequah, "The Rock Your Blues Away Cafe."  Which I am, and well into the swing of tamping and pulling two shots each morning for an Americano or macchiato to get my blood moving.

I have a deep appreciation for coffee.  I've studied origin countries, wet and dry roasting processes, acidity, aroma.  I could problem work with coffee for all of my days and be pretty happy. Here's the deal...

...I want to develop a thirst for the Word in my life that exceeds all else.  Like that first morning cup, I want to look forward to that first verse.  I want the first taste in my mouth to be that of truth, life, love.  I read my Bible, but I know I get the most out of the Word in the early morning hours - before the rest of my day starts. 

So that's that, coffee fast. Coffee, of course, has never taken precedence over spending time with Him. Generally, I enjoy a nice medium roast while reading but I want to do this as a reminder to seek God in those morning hours.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment