9.22.2009

I'm wearing my Japan sandals.

Still no real luck with writing something new, although I did start a piece last night.  Maybe I'll finish it and get it posted this week.  Here's something old - because I had egg rolls this weekend...


 Take-Out(for Two).


you can find me under the dim neon lights
of the August Moon Express
where fried rice conjures up the smell of your laughter
-sticky and sweet-
I can feel it bubbling within take-out boxes
begging to be tasted

where Jinny smiles incoherently from behind the counter
while offering fresh eggrolls
I somehow know wrapped inside are all our secrets
-dipped generously in our warm, reddish imagination-
and savored on every occasion
of consumption

where, as usual, Hahn eyes my solo order suspiciously
when I coolly ask for one set of chopsticks
and two cookies
-little dream containing wafers-
one for me, and one for you
with hope for twin fortunes 



af 2008


* * * * *

the list:
- the great connector, Facebook
- Hyunhee, Yuri, Kohei...
- ... JunYoung, Hikari, Chisa...
- Nobue, Fusai, Mika, Naomi
- Sakai Sensei, Uchimura Sensei
- Susan, Debbie
- Rob, Eric, Liz, Sarah, Keirin, Anna
- Skype is free. Praise Him!
- Tokyo
- Tokyo, again.

Until!

No comments:

Post a Comment