9.19.2009

Re-Pierced.

Today I woke up missing something from my face.

Having had my nose pierced about a month ago, I've been careful when dressing, undressing, applying make-up, etc...but I guess I have no control over what happens in my sleep. I searched frantically for about fifteen minutes before just giving up and trying to see how much of the piercing had already grown in. A little pain told me putting something back in wasn't going to be so easy and I still had two classes and lunch to go before I could leave campus to get a new stud. Sigh, Fridays.

Alas, I finally made my way to the local tattoo and piercing parlor and re-adorned my nose.




In the midst of all this morning confusion, needless to say, I didn't sit down to be alone with God. I rambled to Him aimlessly in my head("God, where can it be? Can you help me find it? I'm going to be late for class. I'll read at work! Why is that stupid thing so small?), but I didn't actually talk to Him and I definitely didn't give Him time to speak. When will I start waking up and, missing that time with God, know something is missing from my heart? I shouldn't have to re-pierce His beautiful hands every other day. When will my desire to know Him outweigh my desire to sleep, succeed, forget, just live? Who wants to "just live" when He offers us a life that is abundant and whole and completely satisfying?

These days, all I want to do is love Him more.

 * * * * *

the list:
- sunshine
- the ellers
- new girls in xa
- writing buddies
- old coffee friends
- the rock cafe
- good music
- that You desire to reveal Yourself to us in greater ways
- Your plans are complete, You know my next step
- isaiah 55

until...

No comments:

Post a Comment