1.18.2011

火曜日。

It's Tuesday, again!

I really had some ideas of what to post yesterday, as it is my desire to post more consistently, and I was even drawing up this daily schedule of things (Mondays: a preview of the week's schedule so people could agree with us in prayer concerning those things, Tuesdays: whatever I feel like talking about while killing time between e-mails at work, rambling really, Wednesdays: Web-Image Wednesday, etc...) Then I laughed a little bit to myself.  I don't know who really watches for updates other than my mom and my NaNa.  So, mom and NaNa -- I have a plan, but this wouldn't be the first time, and you see how well the others have worked out...

Day One: Failed.
I was thinking of all that just yesterday morning, and couldn't convince myself to compose a new post by nightfall.  Terrible.  We had an amazing time of prayer and worship with YWAM Tokyo and a few other campus ministry groups last night, hosted by YWAM.  It's always refreshing to be in a house of people all loving the same thing, seeking the heart of God for a common purpose - I mean, that's really what the body of Christ is about.  I digress, here is Day One's material...and then, who knows, I may decide to ramble after that.

今週のスケジュール (This week's schedule)

Monday: 
Well, yesterday....I had a meeting with a guy from OneHope (they produce the Book of Hope and many, many, many other ministry materials all around the world).  They are premiering a short film in Tokyo in a few weeks and want to host some focus groups before then to get some feedback from students about the film.  Soooo, I'm helping them get those focus groups together at Waseda University.  Then, we had the YWAM gathering - which was fantastic.  At least three of the groups represented are campus ministry groups working at Waseda.
Prayer Notes: Favor with the university (we need a room), favor with students (we need at least four groups of 6), and for the effective use of this film. Unity between the campus ministry clubs at Waseda and open doors!

Tuesday: 
I always work on Tuesdays, so I'm in the School of Engineering at The University of Tokyo all day.  Our LOGOS Bible study at Todai is also on Tuesdays!  The student president of our LOGOS group, Changjoon, is speaking today.
Prayer Notes: Wisdom and productivity at my job (right now, no e-mails - just FYI, in case you were wondering why I am blogging instead of checking English!), blessing on Changjoon as he shares the Word, for the new students we have at LOGOS, and for new avenues for sharing the love of Christ on this campus.

Wednesday:
Tomorrow, I teach at the yochien for the first time this year, and hopefully I can remember all of the actions that go with the songs! I'm looking forward to seeing the kiddos again.  After that, I am meeting Joyce, Kohei, and Octavia at Octavia's university for a prayer walk.  I've never visited this university before, so I'm excited! Octavia, who was a Chi Alpha girl in the States, started a Bible study there with one of her dorm neighbors and is active in Chi Alpha Japan as well. So, after we pray over her campus, we'll head back to Waseda - where we are holding actual Bible study for the first time in several months.  Last week, we met some students who are really interested in participating in multi-lingual discussion and in studying the Bible...God is so faithful...so we are going to start the study up tomorrow night!
Prayer Notes: Kiddos at the yochien - that they are blessed, Octavia's university and her Bible study there, WEBS (Waseda English Bible Study) and our new students, and again for unity among the believers and campus ministry workers there.

Thursday:
I am planning on finishing my notes for next Monday on Thursday.  Next Monday, I am speaking at our monthly Chi Alpha Power Praise Night at the student center...so you can definitely be in early prayer about that! Thursday evening, I have my English class and English tutoring at Megumi Christ Church.
Prayer Notes: Wisdom and direction about the Power Praise night, a fresh idea for my English class, and for the 12 year old Korean student I tutor - he broke his arm in December and it's going to be in a cast for a long time. 

Friday:
I have Japanese class in the morning! After that, I will probably have lunch with my friend and then go to the International Friday Lounge meeting at Todai.  I've never had time to go before, so I'm really hoping Fusae (from TkUC) and I can go this week and meet some new people!  After that, I'll recruit for the OneHope focus groups.
Prayer Notes: Progress with Japanese, divine appointments


Saturday & Sunday:
I actually have no idea what is happening on these days besides church!
Prayer Notes: Services at Tokyo Urban Church and GAP (International Christian Assembly)

* * * * *

So, that's the week at a glance! Maybe I'll try to post this on Sundays or Mondays from now on.  I will try to remember to recap this weekend about how God answered prayer throughout the week!

In other news...
Last weekend, I finally got my haircut!  Fusae-san took me to her regular hairdresser and he did a great job and was super nice! He's between salons right now, his own will open in Shinjuku at the end of February, so he ended up renting some space at a salon in Omotesando so he could cut our hair.  So nice! I really enjoyed spending the afternoon with Fusae before we went to XHOP (Chi Alpha House of Prayer) at the student center that evening.  Susan and Fusae are my cell group at Tokyo Urban Church, but I don't usually get to spend time with Fusae outside of church.

I also got my Kindle in this week.  It bought it with the Christmas money my parents and grandparents sent me and it finally arrived this week. I was against the whole e-reader thing for the longest time, and I've already received some incredulous messages from friends I argued with about the Kindle during college...messages I totally deserve for my adamant opinion of electronic books...but it just suddenly made a lot of sense for my life.  Being overseas, books are expensive to buy in my own language and even more expensive to ship here -- and heavy to carry around when you are out all day and on and off trains. So, I bought it and I love it so far!  Thank you, family!

Until later.
Amanda 

No comments:

Post a Comment