1.07.2011

木曜日。

Dry.

This is such familiar territory.
I have wandered far into the desert -
tasting of the rough sands of my own selfishness.

Stumbling under the merciless sun,
I crawl until my fingertips brush stone.
My cheek drags up the side of the well,
the rasping of an animal tearing at my throat
and dying in the cotton web of my mouth.

You're weeping as I stare blankly into the sky,
a full cup of water resting between us on the rock.

You promised me there would always be a fountain,
but also that You would not make me drink
.


adf 2010

I probably shouldn't post just for the sake of posting, but hey -- I was on a roll with the "days in Japanese" title thing...

I scribbled this on the back of church bulletin early in 2010.  I post it as a reminder to myself in the new year.  The fountain of life is found in God's Word and it is always available, but whether or not we taste of that water  - the only water that would satisfy the thirsting of our souls - is up to us.  When I wrote this, I was thinking of how Christ is tenderly calling me all the time, offering me His living water, but too often my pride has kept me from receiving it - and that breaks His heart.  His desire is for us.

Anywho - don't neglect the fountain.  The desert is no joke.

Until.
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment