9.29.2010

My Second Life.

It's almost strange how natural it is to be back in Tokyo - almost like I never left.  I have two lives now, and yet I am the same person in both.  There is my life at home in Oklahoma and then there is my life in Tokyo, which is just beginning. Again.

I woke up this morning with the immediate desire to run down the street to the combini store and buy some orange juice or something - like I did last summer - before heading out into the day.  The sights and sounds of Tokyo are still familiar to me, and I'm glad to be back with her and her 34 million citizens.

So, as I'm sure you've guessed,  I made it back to Japan! There were no problems - just a few really long flights, but I made some new friends and I got here safely so praise God!  Now, I'm just tending to my jetlag and getting my schedule in order for the weeks ahead.

Today was pretty busy, but I was able to experience some new things and we got a lot accomplished.  I stayed at Susan's apartment last night (which is where I stayed last summer) so we could go to the yochien (kindergarten) this morning together.  She's been teaching there twice a month, but I will be taking over the English class now. Those kiddos are sooooo cute!  We sang some children's songs and then we headed out so I could get my outrageously heavy luggage to the student center!  We dropped the luggage off and went to the city office so I could apply for an alien registration card. I'm glad Susan was there because I would have been so lost trying to figure the application out, let alone talk to the woman about where I live and what I do exactly.  We took care of that, then back to the student center where...

...I'm only halfway unpacked. I quick after my clothes were put away so I could lay down for 2 minutes.

After that, the Hawaii team that is staying in the student center for the next few weeks showed up with Joyce (I finally met her! yay!), so we were able to meet them before we went to our meeting at Waseda University.  Waseda University is one of the primary campuses we do ministry, so I'll be there a lot.  Please pray for our Waseda group! There are a lot of new things happening there, and maybe a few schedule changes, but we are blessed to be working alongside a YWAM (Youth with a Mission) team from Hawaii for the next six months.  They have just a huge heart for this campus and God has made divine arrangements for us all to cross paths and join together to reach the students of Waseda University.

Now, I'm back at the student center staring at my unpacked stuff, but knowing I should go to bed soon because tomorrow is another full day! Jetlag is killer, but I'm adjusting.  So I'm off...

Until soon.
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment