10.02.2010

Joy Unspeakable.

There are a few reasons I woke up with thankfulness and happiness in my heart today.  One - my God is strong and He loves me.  Not only does He love me, He loves this nation that I'm in and He's present here in every moment.

Second - after three days living in the Student Center, I finally asked Yuri how to turn on the hot water in the shower....(Hallelujah!)


It's been a busy couple of days - sorry for not getting around to making a new post! I did post some pictures and a few videos on my Facebook page (Amanda in Japan).  If we are friends on Facebook, you'll find the albums and things listed in the normal places.  On my Japan page, they are all under Links!  I hope you get a chance to check them out.



Thursday, I had the privilege to visit the classrooms of two Christian professors at Seikei University.  I met them last summer when the Carbondale missions team was in Tokyo and I went this week with the Hilo Hawaii team that is here.  It was so great to see them again and to meet their students! They had soooo much fun learning some basics with hula and the ukulele.  It's been really fun hanging out with the Hawaii team as well - they are all really talented hula dancers and musicians and God is revealing His glory and His beauty through them every day!  We spent the day there at Seikei University and then the team went to do a service in Shinagawa.

Thursday night and Friday, I was able to just relax and get things settled in my room and deal with a bit of the jet lag.  It was nice to walk around the neighborhood a bit and reacquaint myself with the area.  Last summer, I was only at the student center for prayer meetings really - so there is still a lot I don't know about living here.  I located a few ATMs, and visited the post office, and did a little shopping.  I felt much better that evening, so I think my jet lag is passing and I'm adjusting to the schedule better.  Which is good - because we're pretty busy here in Tokyo!

Last night, I attended my first official XA staff meeting in Harajuku!  We had a special dinner at a Hawaiian breakfast restaurant there.  It was really nice and the food was delicious.  After we had our fill of pancakes, we relocated for a meeting.  I'm really excited about all the opportunities God is giving me this year to grow and to learn more about Him.  More than ever, I know that I would be completely  lost and useless without Him.  I couldn't do this - but with Him, I can do anything.  Isn't it amazing that He uses us to reveal His glory to the world?

Welp, I suppose I should get off here and finish getting ready for the day. Please be praying for us during these next two weeks as we minister on campus and especially for the Hilo Hawaii team that is traveling all over Tokyo during these weeks to minister through dance and music!

Until!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment