9.15.2010

The Bridge.


So, as many of you know, I helped found an international student ministry for Chi Alpha three years ago.  When I graduated in May, I was a bit concerned about what would happen to it because I didn't have any student leaders in this last year.  I did, however, have a few girls who'd been slipping into Bible study from Chi Alpha during the final weeks of the semester.   These girls are lively, friendly, and passionate about Christ, so I immediately started praying that He would give one of them a heart for this ministry.

And He has.

Maybe it wasn't the way I'd pictured it in my mind, but God's ways are higher than my own.  Through a combination of my own busy schedule in Tokyo and Heather's insane schedule with class and Chi Alpha - I knew that The Bridge couldn't operate the way I had originally planned.  As I was looking back through all of my ISM material to prep for an impromptu meeting- I stumbled upon a link to Student Alpha.  You  may have heard about the Alpha Course. It's used worldwide to introduce the gospel in a dynamic and approachable way. Well, I came across the student version online and thought - "this could work!"  You see, Heather is also the worship team leader for Chi Alpha at Northeastern State University.  She's busy with ministry activities all the time, and yet she still has found a way to make time for the international students around her. So we ditched our old method for Student Alpha - which I love. I know this is God directed, and as I watch the Week 1 video, He's speaking to me about who He is as well. (for more information about Student alpha visit www.studentalpha.org)

Tonight is my last night with The Bridge for at least a year, although I imagine I'll see most of the members in Tokyo in the spring or summer months.  It's bittersweet handing off something that has been such a key element in re-shaping my heart to fit God's plan.  I can't wait to see the girls and just kick back for awhile - soaking up what the Lord has for us. After all that is said and done...it's off to be with the friends who made my college experience. My NSU family. I get the feeling it's going to be epic!

Oh, and today was pretty productive:
- Sent my résumé to Yuri for the Todai job!
- Received my Certificate of Eligiblity from Japan!
- Overnighted that to the Embassy in Houston!
- Mailed my insurance forms!
- Bought my plane tickets!

Hallelujah! I'm on my way!  I've booked my flight for September 27!  Please remember us in your prayers as we prepare for the weeks ahead!

Love you guys & girls,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment