10.09.2009

Friends

...the truly great ones are few and far between. I'm realizing more and more that the keepers aren't neccessarily the people I clicked with instantly.  Some are, but most - probably not.  They aren't the ones I have the most in common with or the ones I can stay up all night talking to.

The really great ones have been there when they didn't have to be.  They have listened to me in my most selfish moments, held my hand and then told me the truth in love.  They've challenged me, even when I have been trying as a friend...and I admit, sometimes I can be trying as a friend.

Anywho - today has been rainy and cold.  I made the brilliant choice to wear heels. My first class ended early which is always nice and my second class is my favorite class this semester - Strategies for Teaching Communication. There is a lot of open discussion and self-disclosure, so we learn a lot about ourselves and each other as we learn about teaching methods. I had Group Dynamics with the same professor, the students in her classes always get pretty close and I've learned more in these two classes then the rest of college put together. Sad?  Perhaps...

I wish I would write something new, but I refuse to keep writing about the same old thing so the pen and paper will have to wait.

* * * * *

the list:
- sleeping in.
- relaxing days.
- umbrellas.
- chi alpha.
- true friends.
- the arts section of the Times.
- Daniel Basden.
- Angel Forrest.
- Your precious love.
- Tokyo.

Until...

No comments:

Post a Comment