6.13.2009

Tokyo Morning.


Sunlight breaks through half-drawn curtains
Your whispers echo in my heart
"Come, come and see..."

The street is alive
Bicycles line sidewalks
Children hang onto their mother's arms

I just want to hang onto You
As You roam these narrow alleys
Pausing in low, shaded doorways

Your fingerprints are there -

On faces that don't recognize You
Don't they feel You, Father?
Can't they sense Your love?

Your pain carries this train
You reach out your hands
Wanting to touch, to know, to love

But You meet empty eyes
And hearts that don't understand You
Though You speak their language

You know the land these tracks roll over
Nothing is foreign to You
And You are not afraid

So I cling to You
As crowds empty out onto the platform
Only to meet another rushing in

Your eyes scan faces -
Knowing every smile and every tear
That has ever been worn

You take my hand -
You hold my heart
I feel Your pain and the separation

Another station, another street
The people come and go
And somehow don't know

You are here, You are here.

-af. xhop june 13


No comments:

Post a Comment