5.13.2010

Web Image Wednesday.

I've been aching to write a real post all week, but I need to wait until Friday.  I can't sort through all I'm feeling for a few more days.  It's a little overwhelming.

This Day.

Today held my heart in its hands -
together we turned it upside down
and shook out the memories,
spreading them wide on
these familiar tables already beginning to take dust.

I want to gather them all up to keep forever -
but I can't stop this
and I don't even know that I would,
faces already fading into what will
too soon become past in the light of future.

I can't relive the moments I forgot to savor -
tomorrow, I'll be both drawn and dragged by clock hands
through doors and down new paths with unknown curves,
and, knowing time slows down for no one,
I'll run wherever tomorrow leads.

But, today's name was Goodbye -
I collected my things and turned in my keys,
and shed smiles through the tears I couldn't stop,
I held on to what has been mine for as long as I could
before I knew I had to let go and fall apart alone.

af. may 2010

1 comment: