5.13.2010

Graduation, Support, and Other Things.

It has been awhile since I've had a spare moment to post.  A lot has happened since my last entry.  Here's a run-down and then I'm going to touch on some specifics and a few prayer needs:

  • I graduate college in two days! In case you don't know me that well, I'll be graduating with a B.A. in Mass Communications - Advertising, and a minor in Leadership Communications! Pretty exciting...
  • I have the best family and friends in the world, and that's a fact.  These past two weeks have been a little up and down emotionally because of all the goodbyes, but knowing these people will remain a part of my life long after I leave Tahlequah helps with the transition.
  • True support raising has begun! I sent out my letters a few weeks ago and the Women's Ministries at Wagoner First kicked off a raffle drawing this week.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am for my church - they are behind me 100%! (interested in a brand new gas grill? let me know, I'll get you hooked up with some tickets!)
  • My literary journey around the world is also about to start.  My dear friend Sara and I have compiled a list of 40 books from around the globe to read together over the course of the next year.  She bought me the first 6 on our list for my graduation present.  I cried...we get a bit emotional about books (and each other!).
  • I'm officially counting down the days to vacation with my family in June.
  • I should be sending off my Visa application soon!  Yay!

God has been good, like always.  As I said in a previous post, it's been difficult to really get started on things for Japan when I'm trying to tie up all the things I have or had going at Northeastern.  Regardless, support has been coming in little by little and it shows me that God is preparing the way on the path He has laid before me.  It means everything to know He's set the groundwork for my year in Japan, because, ultimately, it's all about loving Him anyways.  

Rob, my Chi Alpha teammate last summer, is back in Japan right now for three weeks with a team from the International House of Prayer. Please be praying for their weeks of ministry ahead and for the team.  I heard a few of them aren't feeling so well, but my God is bigger than any traveling bug that they've caught! So, please pray wholeness over the team and just a powerful anointing over their ministry this month! Thank you, and if you would like to get blessed with their testimonies, here is a link to their blog: http://thunderinjapan.blogspot.com/

Need more information about joining my support team? Feel free to contact me anytime!







Amanda Fosburg
P.O. Box 105
Wagoner, OK 74477
fosburg@alumni.nsuok.edu
Facebook: Amanda in Japan


1 comment:

  1. I have just read this for the first time and you make me smile, and almost cry! Do not worry I didn't! I am praying for you as you continue to follow God in going to Japan and raising support to get there! I love you! Now let's read!

    ReplyDelete