5.19.2010

Foggy Mornings.



Monday morning, I drove through a white cloud of fog for half the journey between Wagoner and Tahlequah.  As I turned out of my driveway onto the nearly imperceptible road before me, the Lord spoke a little something to my heart.

There is so much unknown about my immediate future, let alone the long term.  If life really were a road, I'd be standing in the midst of a fog bank - straining my eyes to see ahead.  If there are dangers on my right, or my left, dangers ahead, or sneaking up on me from behind...I can't really know.  There is always a little fear when staring into the face of the unknown.

God tells me that not only has He walked this path before, He designed it just for me.  If life really were a road, I'd be standing in the midst of this fog bank with Jesus holding my hand.   If we really understood God's love, we would know without doubt that though the journey is shrouded in mystery, the destination is a prize - and we would be running without hesitation into the unknown. Why doesn't it occur to us that He knows our hearts and wants to surprise and delight us - why rob us of the gift of elated surprise by making our days completely known?  I'd say half the excitement of His blessing, provision, and plan is how it didn't seem possible before, and then He made it so.

On my way across the bridge Monday morning, the fog lifted and the morning sun greeted me on the other side and I had to smile knowing He was teaching me a lesson about discouragement before it even comes.  The next few months might get harder; there are a lot of foggy pathways to travel.   But, I really can't wait to be surprised and delighted by My Love - He gives good gifts and He knows my heart.  These are paths and roads He created for us to walk together.  Family and friends will be coming alongside as we go with their love and support - provision for a long journey that I couldn't do without.

* * * * *

I also want to say a quick thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my college graduation this past weekend.  The financial and sentimental gifts given do not go unappreciated!  As always, if you have any questions about Japan or my support team - you can contact me anytime!

Amanda Fosburg
P.O. Box 105
Wagoner, OK 74477
fosburg@alumni.nsuok.edu
Facebook: Amanda in Japan


No comments:

Post a Comment