2.18.2010

Starting all over.

I said in my last post that God brought me back to Jer. 1:4-12 as I prayed about the opportunity to go back to Tokyo in the fall. After that initial post, He gave me the same set of scripture twice - through two different people! In addition, He confirmed His heart on this plan to my parents at our home church last Wednesday night through Acts 20:24:


"But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God."


Praise God! He is faithful to show Himself and faithful to lead and guide us in every way! Which is pretty good considering how many things I need to get completed and turned in before September :D


Here's the deal:
I'm signing up for an 11 month MAPS volunteer mission.  Like last summer, I'll be assisting Chi Alpha campus missionaries Joyce Kitano and Susan Ricketts in Tokyo, Japan.  In addition, I'll be taking some Japanese classes during my time there to boost my conversational Japanese learning and to prepare for future study with the language.


As you can guess - this is going to take quite a bit of preparation and funds to accomplish, but (as He has proven Himself over and over again) God is faithful to provide.  


I'm really excited - brushing up on my Japanese all that I can while trying to finish up my final semester at NSU, talking about meeting up with NSU students over breaks next year and getting back in touch with friends from last summer - but there's plenty to feel apprehension about.  Please join with me in prayer as I pray for His strength, His favor, and His guidance in the months to come.


As before, if you are interested in supporting me during my trip to Japan feel free to contact me anytime. You can e-mail me at fosburg@nsuok.edu.  


Until I've got something concrete to let you know, be in prayer! Thank you!


Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment