2.05.2010

Goodnight. // Breathing Room.

I found these in my old files the other day...I'd forgotten about them entirely. The first is about the one I have yet to find and if you've ever wondered what writer's block feels like, the second was my cup of tea in '08.


Goodnight.
autumn shivers
under the weight
of a cherry blossom
kiss

it's hardly fair how much
i find i can miss you

i meet my pillow with
reluctant sighs and
long phantom glances
in your direction

which is neither up,
nor down,
or here,
or there, really -

you reside just beyond time,
and ocean tides,
and within my beating heart.


af 2008

Breathing Room.

i'm filled with spaces -
where words should exist
in shouts and echos
but there are only hollow
spaces



the extra room provides no comfort, only constriction -
i swallow the verses i'd rather spit out.
i can't breathe.

af 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment