2.26.2010

And the winner is...

Okay - so I entered this poetry challenge awhile back. You had to combine three random elements (a random Wikipedia article for your title, the third picture on the random page on Flikster, the last five words of a random quote on quotations.com for your first line) into one piece.  I won with this somber number.  I guess I was thinking about high school.

Triumph Legend 741cc.

"Wisdom is organized life,"
I whisper to the smiling faces
each one attached to a fading memory
the rows, in order chronologically, are neat.

And not enough,
pictures don't respond well to your favorite line,
all their mirth swallowed up by time
and frozen on my wall in this still life.

There you are in stark contrast, almost alive
captured in a 4x6 in the bottom left
looking distant and straddling your death wish -
the only thing you loved more than me.

af 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment