7.25.2011

月曜日。

It is Monday.

I am at Wired Cafe in Shibuya, typing this out on a iPad keyboard, waiting on Tony to show up so I don't look so lame just sitting here by myself. I also have a ton of stuff I need to be doing, but having jotted down a few brief notes concerning the testimony I will give on Friday, the message I will give on Sunday, and the Japanese speech I will make in class on Monday -- I have decided to break before I really get to business fleshing this stuff out and doing some work on my Global course.

So, how is everyone?

I can't believe that I only have five more weeks left in Japan. Although campus ministry will unofficially end in the next two weeks, I know that the remaining days will still be busy with meetings and last attempts at seeing the city where God has so profoundly changed my heart and my life. There is still so much I don't know, and so much I want to.

I regret not spending more time studying Japanese while in Japan. Even I am surprised by how much I understand when listening, but I can't get past the cotton in my mouth when it comes to an appointment to speak. Still, I wish I had scheduled the hours into my week to really study kanji. My desire to read and write Japanese outweighs my actual desire to speak fluently. I guess I A) presume the speaking would be easier with the vocabulary in my head from reading and B) my addiction to the written word could then span an ocean and two vastly different cultures. I HAVE TO BE MORE MOTIVATED IN AMERICA! (How? I don't know. Does someone want to start a Japanese club with me...in Wagoner? Maybe I could convince my mom to start learning Japanese...oh, Mommy...日本語を勉強したいですか?)

We'll see! There are a lot of things I want to do when I get home. Things I want to get in order before I return to Japan. Things I want to do before I settle anywhere for any amount of time. Things I am going to have to find a reserve of motivation for that I have previously never possessed in my life. Jesus, help me to be who You intend for me to be!

In these last weeks, I really want to make the most of my time. I want to see as many of my friends from this last year as possible. I want divine opportunities to share what Christ has done in my life, and what He could do in the lives of others, with those I have grown to love so much. I want to finish well, as Pastor Shelley preached last night at GAP. I want to continue holding onto to Christ as I seek His blessing over my remaining time in Tokyo, as Pastor Sakai shared on Sunday morning at Tokyo Urban Church.

I feel like you guys and girls get a lot of repeat information from me, and I guess that must not be entertaining. But, I am still a work in progress and realizing more each day that I always will be. The moment I think I'm "all good" would be a day apart from Christ - whose sacrifice made a way for us to grow daily more like Him in goodness, kindness, humbleness, and patience.

That said, I will wrap this up and get back to work. Much love.
Until,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment