7.19.2011

火曜日。


Hello, world.

Today - the typhoon rain began in Tokyo.  I wish I could express to you my displeasure, but, alas, it is far too intensive to convey through mere words.  If I could lay in my futon all day long and just alternate periods of reading and periods of napping...perhaps it would be okay. Alas, English must be checked at the School of Engineering, so I donned the blue boots I wore to work in in Tohoku and headed out into the tropical downpour.  The rain stopped approximately minutes after I was on the train and well past the walking portion of my morning commute. Eh.

That said, everything else in my life this week has been pretty spectacular.  We have some new friends from YWAM partnering with us at Waseda Uni., and they also attended at Meiji this past week as well.  I turned in my Japanese exam, Liz and I met with a really awesome guy from Seikei Uni., and the beautiful wooden room divider from Sasaki-san's home in Tohoku finally made its way to the XA Student Center before XHOP on Saturday.  It was nice to have this reminder to pray for Tohoku, and specifically for the Sasaki family.  God is good!

Summer vacation is fast approaching.  All of our friends are starting to get super busy with preparation for end-term exams.  The matsuris are beginning; almost every night we see the girls dressed in their summer yukatas for the various events.  We had a little holiday of our own this week! Yesterday was "海の日" - or Day of the Sea.  Susan, Liz, and I took this day off to roam around the shops of Nakano Broadway near the Student Center. I didn't think it would keep us occupied for long, but we were there for several hours! It was pretty interesting, and it was really fun to hang out with these two lovely ladies for awhile. 

After that, Liz and I headed to Shinjuku for dinner with some friends.  Our friend Sarah was in town this last week and joined us for dinner - so it was extra special! Sarah, Liz, and I were all in orientation together in 2009 - our first summer in Japan.  It was nice to have a mini reunion! Following dinner, Amanda Keller, Liz, Hyunhee, and I headed to Starbucks to hammer out some plans concerning common dreams that God has given us for this city and for our various ideas of ministry in Tokyo.   All I have to say on that for now is that God is really good and He is doing a new thing, no doubt about it.

The coming week is packed with activity - a hip-hop workshop, a potential "going-away" trip to Disney, and Debbie's much anticipated return to Tokyo - and I am excited to meet new people and experience all that God has coming up.  At the same time, I recognize the slowing down of my schedule and the preparation that will have to start soon for my return to the States.  So, please continue to pray for me as I try to keep things in perspective!

Of course, please keep praying for Chi Alpha and our various campus ministries and for those living and working in the devastated areas of NE Japan.  Thank you for your support!

Until soon.
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment