7.13.2009

God is now using Twitter...

...what? I'm not joking.

Recently, students from Waseda University have been adding me on Twitter. I have never met these students, but they seem friendly and I've got plans to meet with at least one of them on campus this week. How crazy is that? It's given me a new list of students to be praying for and I'm thankful for the unlikely connection that was made through modern technology. God can use just about anything for His glory.

In other news, we had our final Waseda English Bible Study last Wednesday. The semester is ending there this week, so Robert and I will be spending a lot of time there this Wednesday and Thursday - making the most of those last days on Waseda's campus. The campus there is very open, so we've met and made several friends from Waseda but it has been difficult to actually get students to come to the Bible study. Both the Waseda and Seikei campuses are open and there is a lot of opportunity to meet people and witness - so just be in prayer for God ideas to help us get students plugged in to the Bible study times!We still have a few weeks left for LOGOS, the Unverisity of Tokyo's Bible study. We've had a consistent group there and its been great getting to know them over the summer. I'm also praying for two specific students who do not currently attend the Bible study that I've met this summer. Todai is a difficult campus to reach - the students tend to be alone and they don't just hang out on campus much, but these are the future leaders of Japan and I am happy to say we do have a steady group there who love the Lord, want to grow and seek opportunities to share their faith with others!

Saturday, Robert and I went back to Seikei - with some other Christian friends. I met up with two students I'd met previously there and it was really cool to talk to them again and see how they've been since I'd talked to them last. I'm still praying a lot for Seikei and the students I met there. I've heard back from several of my conversation partners this week. We should be setting up some coffee and English appointments soon - they have tests this week, but are looking forward to meeting next week possibly! I can't wait - God just opened up a lot of doors at Seikei University and there are several girls that really just stood out to me. There are two Christian professors on that campus too, so there is potential for even greater ministry to be done at Seikei - be praying that God opens doors for a Chi Alpha ministry or something there!

I also cut my hair off on Saturday afternoon. Nihon no natsu wa atsui desu ne!

XHOP continues to refresh and challenge me. I look forward to those times in prayer and worship probably more than anything else during my time here. I also am really blessed at my church, Tokyo Urban Church!

Campus ministry is slowing down, but now we have even more time to meet with students. We also have some time to do some sight-seeing with Susan, which will be fun because outside of me living in her apartment, we haven't really got to go out and spend time with her in Tokyo. Last week, Robert and I were able to go to Tokyo DisneySea with Yuri, who works with Chi Alpha, and her friends Kohei and Geoff. It was so much fun, and it was definitely an unexpected adventure for my time here in Tokyo. It really was amazing.

Soon, I'll get to visit Tokyo Tower and the Ueno Zoo - but maybe even more exciting than all of that is the upcoming NSU Tokyo Reunion this Saturday, where I'll get to see a lot of students from my university back home, and my overnight trip to my roommate Hiromi's home. I'll get to meet her parents and stay the night at her house! I'm so, so, so excited to share this time in Japan with my roommate Hiromi. She's a really special lady!

Well, today I was able to get some rest from the busy last two weeks. I got some business stuff taken care of and took a long walk through a part of Itabashi that I'd never been to before. Met a nice guy at a clothing store, in broken Japanese and English we discussed American music, television and style. It was a good walk. My eyes have seen so many things this summer and there are so many things my heart will never forget. There is so much need for His love here. Two months isn't long enough!

Pray for me as I pray about coming back to Japan after I graduate, and pray for the final weeks of ministry ahead here in Tokyo. Thank you, as always, for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment