5.15.2009

Only two more weeks!

I AM SO EXCITED!!

I've been getting to know some of the other summer team members via Facebook. Everyone is so excited and so ready and so anxious to get there. Everyone is so nice. We are all just so eager to see what God has in store.

I am so excited, but I'm also nervous about the journey. This girl's never been on a plane alone before, and she's definitely never traveled through three airports and over an ocean all by her lonesome. I just have to put all my trust and all my faith in the fact that God would not have brought me this far just for me to get lost in L.A. Unless that was His plan...but I highly doubt it.

My heart is in Japan!

Last weekend I bought my first official piece of luggage. Sure, I have duffel bags and even some vintage suitcases - but I needed heavy duty, over the ocean, three planes and then some gear. So I bought one. It's gray. It's going to be difficult to pack for two months for a place I've never been, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Two weeks. Two weeks! I remember when I was counting down months and now I've barely got days. This is really so much more amazing than I ever could have imagined, and I'm not even there yet!

That is just intense. I'm just now really free to think about it and get fully prepared. Finals week is winding down(only 1 more!) and I'll be moving back home tomorrow night. So far, so good with the finals. I had my print advertising and my Japanese II final today. I did well on Print Ad and I aced my Japanese final. What was even better was hanging after a little with the class and my instructor to talk about my trip. There are only five of us in that class, one has already been to Japan and three others have already started planning for a trip or a study abroad program.

One more final, one more day - then this semester is behind me and this summer is before me. Tokyo! I'm coming!!

Thank you AGAIN for your support and your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Praying God will give you peace and courage for the journey ahead. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete