9.20.2011

It's TUESDAY!



Fall is coming!

Woohoo. Another Tuesday has come and almost gone. It has really been a lovely week.  The weather has been perfect! Sunny, but breezy. Jacket and boots season is upon us! Finally!

In "miscellaneous business," mom and I made The Pioneer Woman's Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe last night.  It was super yummy. I reccommend it. I really love most of the things that Mrs. Ree Drummond does anyway.  If you are behind the times, and don't have a clue who on earth I'm talking about, follow the recipe link above and have your eyes opened! If you like photography, food, or country life - you'll adore her!

My tickets to Australia are totally booked now and my sweet boyfriend has taken care of booking our beds at the hostel in Sydney and our flight to Melbourne, etc. I'm getting totally pumped up about it! It is still a bit surreal, to be honest, but I can't wait to see what fun awaits in the land down under. Dream come true? You bet.  Life is interesting with God.

Other than that, and studying a ton for Bible school, eating lunch at my mom's work, and harassing my dog on a daily basis, I've done a whole lot of nothing this week! I did drive up to  my former university on  Monday for lunch with one of my mentors in international student ministry.  He was also in Japan post-earthquake, so we had many things to talk about and pray about as we look forward to a new time of ministry to the nation of Japan on campus in Oklahoma abroad. I've had some cool opportunities since I've been home to reconnect with the Asian community at NSU. God is good - and He knows my heart.  Whereever I go in life, that is sure. He knows my heart and His plans for my life.  I am filled with more joy, and I am  more humbled, each time the Lord turns a new page in my story. So blessed!

On that subject, I have been so encouraged at my home church since I have been home. God is meeting people where they are at.  It is always amazing to me when I see people at the altar, or anywhere else for that matter, surrounded by brothers or sisters in Christ who feel comfortable opening up and allowing the healing or the process of change to begin. That is family!  Listening and praying for one another and standing with one another as, together, we let the Lord do what He loves to do - restore us to His original design.   It's been good. If you don't have a home church in Wagoner, there are many fine churches in the area to check out. You are always welcome to come see us at First Assembly.  Wednesday night service tomorrow at 7 p.m.! Can't wait!

Well, I guess I will wrap this up and get to bed. I have an early morning Skype appointment, directly followed by an online Global Uni test.  If you were on my Japan prayer team, please keep praying for me! My Japan story is not over. Thank you so much for being a continual part of it.

Until soon!
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment