3.08.2011

火曜日。

Just when I felt Spring was about to show her face, it snowed in Tokyo again.  I think my body is still living in the disappointment.  I have hardly been able to keep my eyes open all afternoon!

Recently, a friend and I were talking about how unmotivated the cold weather has made us.  Granted, school is also out right now for the "spring" holiday, but still we were feeling we were only days away from falling into a case of sloth.  So, we made a accountability pact!

Now, I know what you are thinking.  Everyone goes through this - they talk something up with a another person and then make some plans that fall through within three weeks or so.  But, I tell you, we are determined to see this through...and since it basically just consists of reporting back on Sunday nights via e-mail, I think we stand a chance of really maximizing our time in Japan while striving to be fully obedient to Christ.

So, that's what's new...

This weekend is our Chi Alpha Training Seminar in Tokyo.  We have pastors and students coming from all over Japan to participate in the yearly training for campus ministry.  I'm really excited to meet new people and to help out however I can around the Chi Alpha Student Center (where it will be held, and where I currently live).  Please be praying that God will have free reign in our house this weekend to direct as He desires for this year!

Before I close, I humbly request prayer for one of my dearest friends who lost her mother this week.  Praise God - her mother found the Lord this last year and we have reason to rejoice in her freedom from sickness and pain.  Please be praying for the family! Thank you!

Until.
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment