8.08.2010

Susan is awesome...

Spaghetti Dinner was a blast, and a huge success - a huge thanks to all those who helped, donated, and bought desserts at the auction.  It was a lot of fun and your support means so much to me!

So - my missionary mentor (and former housemate!) Susan Ricketts e-mailed me this past week, from Budapest no less, to invite me to do some kind of independent Bible study (like Berean or a discipleship program) over the course of the next year and to let me know that she'd found me a job.

Praise my sweet Savior, Jesus! A job!

I'll be teaching English at a Christian daycare twice a month in Tokyo. I know what you are thinking - only twice a month?  Twice a month is going to be perfect for me a) I'm there to serve Chi Alpha, the job is to supplement my support budget and gain a bit of new experience b) Japanese kiddos are outrageously adorable and you are going to want to see the pictures and c) erm, I don't really have a C...moving on!

I'm really excited to do Berean or the other study course that is available. Right now, Susan and Joyce are still discussing what I'll be doing as independent study. Whichever they choose, it's going to be awesome and I'm just really excited about the opportunity to grow and expand my boundaries a bit.

I'm about a month out now, folks, so be praying for me and my family as I fight to get all my clothes and essentials into two suitcases! Thank you for your continued support.  Gonna head to bed now, I'm speaking at Church of God in Wagoner in the morning!


For more information, or if you just feel like talking to me:
Amanda Fosburg
P.O. Box 105
Wagoner, OK 74477
fosburg@alumni.nsuok.edu
Facebook: Amanda in Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment