8.07.2009

The Last Weekend!

Well, this week has been really fun. Campus ministry ended last week, most students are back home or already on vacation. We are wrapping up our adventure in Japan with friends and Christian family.

Monday evening we had our Chi Alpha debriefing meeting at Susan's apartment. Susan made a really awesome meal for us and we talked about the summer and prayed together and for each other as we separate for now. April left this Wednesday for America for two months. Robert and I leave on Monday. Yuri is going to Malaysia for a short while at the end of the month and Susan is going on much needed vacation after all her hard work with these teams while her kitchen is renovated. It was really nice just to sit down and enjoy a meal together after all the summer's activities!

On Tuesday, several friends from LOGOS and GAP church met together for lunch near Todai and then I went to Tokyo Dome City with Robert, Kohei, JunYoung and Hikari. That evening, I met Izumi and Yuriko and we spent the evening in Roppongi at the Mori Art building and Tokyo City View! The sushi from my last post came from Xen, a really nice restaurant in that building. I was really glad I was able to spend some more time with Izumi and Yuriko - I'm going to miss them! They gave me a banner towel from The University of Tokyo, so nice!

Wednesday, I went back to Roppongi and actually went into the Mori Art Museum because I had a discount ticket and did a little shopping. Around 5 pm, I met Misaki in Shinjuku for dinner and purikura! It was nice to see her while she was visiting Tokyo. She actually lives in Kobe.

Yesterday was a really fun day! We met Eric at Tokyo Station as he came in from Sendai on the shinkasen-bullet train. After lunch together, we headed to Odaiba with another friend Yuya! We went to the beach there and eventually met up with Tsuyoshi and Kohei for dinner as well. Later, we went bowling! It was such a good time.

This morning, we are destroying Susan's kitchen so it can be remodeled by an American team coming at the end of the month. The demolition team consists of Paster Bill of International Church Assembly, Susan, Robert, Eric, Kohei and myself. Debbie and I are on supervision, refreshment and documentation also! After all this is cleaned up and we eat some lunch - we are heading out to Kohei's house near Yamanaka Lake, close to Mt. Fuji, for the rest of today and tomorrow! I can't wait!

Well, it's almost over - I'll write another blog after I return from our weekend trip! Thanks for all who have prayed and supported me this summer! I love you!

-Amanda

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog picture so much. It makes your blog even more personalized knowing that you yourself took that incredible shot from Tokyo Tower.

    BTW, a supporter saw my FB profile picture that you took of me and Yuri and asked when I went to France. She didn't know it was Tokyo Tower. LOL.

    ReplyDelete